Birth Buddies is a Cape Town based birth companion (doula) service.
Our main purpose is to facilitate fear-free and satisfying positive birth experiences the way YOU would define that – it is after all YOUR birth.
Please see the tabs above for more information, or click on the links below:
- What is a Birth Buddy? Why do I need a Birth Buddy? Who are the Birth Buddies?
- The pregnancy, labour & childbirth support services available through Birth Buddies.
- The areas covered by Birth Buddies – basically the Cape Town Metropolitan Area.
- The current options and rates charged for these available services.
- Web Resources, Local Recommendations, Quotes & Affirmations etc, to help you to prepare for your birth.
- We have a lending library of books and videos for our clients to loan. The more you read the better!
- Frequently Asked Questions.
The blog section of the site is used to showcase articles, news and items of interest, and will grow over time. Subjects such as Yoga, Aromatherapy, Natural Induction Methods, Labour Support Suggestions, How to prepare for Birth, Book and Video reviews and various recommendations and inspirations etc. So check back often for updates.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please Contact Us, we’d love to hear from you!
Thoughts on fear:
“Fear is only as deep as the mind allows”
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”
“Courage is… the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.”
Birth Buddies Doulas are certified through and registered with:
Birth Buddies logo kindly designed by Natasha Whiteley
© Birth Buddies 2006-2014.